Friday, July 22, 2005

My First Car: Honda Accord Hatchback 1978

While it's not my car specifically, I tracked down a photo on a website and wanted to post it for posteriety. It was a beaut of a car; I inherited it from my older brother who had purchased it second hand. It was cherry red, had most of the body decals stripped off the car, and lowered down so low that I would have to literally ease my way over a California speed bump otherwise I would have grounded out the center exhaust pipe. The interior was nothing special being a hand-me-down, and without power steering, the Momo steering wheel added inches to my bicep when parallel parking.

Despite all that, it was my first car and I loved it to death. I spent hours keeping the paint job shining, I learned how to change oil, clean the carburetor, and play with the timing to max out performance (what little there was). It was a great learner car and I was genuinely sad when I had to sell it off...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home